We’re staying on top of the latest government guidance to keep you informed and safe.
The UK housing market remains open. You are free to buy, sell or rent, and to move home. Meanwhile estate agents will continue work, with open offices, in-person viewings and appraisals conducted in line with national guidelines. Further details from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government can be found here.
Domus Nova offers virtual viewings and appraisals where possible, but in-person appointments are available, including at our offices in Bayswater and Notting Hill. To ensure your safety, as well as that of our team and anyone else we may come into contact with, we are following the precautions below, and ask that you adhere to the outlined safety procedures too.
- In-person viewings should be reserved for homes on which viewers are interested in placing an offer.
- Viewers and residents must confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 ahead of the appointment. If circumstances change, contact us immediately.
- Residents will be asked to prepare their home for viewing. This includes disinfecting surfaces, ensuring good ventilation and leaving internal doors open to minimise contact.
- We ask that viewers avoid taking public transport to a property where possible, especially at peak times.
- A maximum of two people from the same household or support bubble can attend a viewing, along with a member of the Domus Nova team.
- All viewings will be limited to 15 minutes.
- Any residents will be required to leave the home during the viewing.
- All people present should maintain a two-metre distance.
- All members of the viewing party should use a face mask and hand sanitiser. We can provide a PPE bag with single-use face masks, gloves and anti-bacterial hand sanitiser.
- Viewers should avoid touching anything in the home where possible. They will not be allowed to use the bathroom. Our team has a no-touch policy and will follow advice from Public Health England on hand-washing and hygiene.
- Please be aware that we offer virtual appraisals. To arrange, contact 020 7727 1717.
- Where we do visit a property for valuation, residents must confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 ahead of the appointment. If circumstances change, contact us immediately.
- Residents will be asked to prepare their home for appraisal. This includes disinfecting surfaces, ensuring good ventilation and leaving internal doors open to minimise contact.
- The Domus Nova representative will not take public transport to or from an appraisal.
- A maximum of two people can attend an appraisal, including the member of the Domus Nova team. Other members of the household will be required to leave the home for the duration of the appointment.
- A two-metre distance should be maintained between those present.
- The homeowner should use a face mask and hand sanitiser. Domus Nova appraisers will wear masks and gloves, and use anti-bacterial sanitiser during the meeting.
- Our team has a no-touch policy and will follow advice from Public Health England on hand-washing and hygiene.
Visiting Our Offices
- Our offices in Notting Hill and Bayswater are open.
- Office visits will be by appointment only. Call or email to book ahead.
- For the safety of our staff, we ask that you only come in where an in-person appointment is necessary.
- Some of our team is working remotely. We will resolve any queries as quickly as possible, but please bear with us.